One of the first places among the Russian scientists who influenced the world science belongs to Mikhail Vasilevich Lomonosov
In many respects the works of M.V. Lomonosov made the XVIII century a turning period as to the development of science and the classic Russian language.
The scientist activities made an entire epoch in the development of the materialistic philosophy, the theory about the structure of matter, physical and chemical sciences, chemical technology and instrument engineering, mining, glassmaking and ceramic, optics and astronomy, geology and mineralogy, geography and history, philology and poetry.
Nowadays it is evident more than ever that without a detailed and deep study of the written heritage of M.V. Lomonosov it is impossible to create a correct understanding of the development of the Russian and world science, engineering and culture and the Russian language as well.
To access the corpus registration
unregistered users have access to the demonstration version
- science, education, reference, popularization.
Means and Tools
The corpus is annotated, has means for data search, ordering and visualization.
The differential peculiarity of all full text electronic publications presented on the portal “Manuscript: Slavonic written heritage” including the corpora of M. V. Lomonosov is the possibility of finding the materials of interest with the help of successive queries by several parameters and getting a retrieval in the form that is necessary for use: in the form of texts, various single-textual, multi-textual indices (direct, reverse, quantitative) and concordances.
The corpus includes the texts by M.V. Lomonosov of all eleven volumes of the Complete Works published by the Academy of Sciences of the USSR on the initiative and under the leadership of academician S.I. Vavilov, president of the Academy:
- First volume. Works on physics and chemistry. 1738-1746. M.; L., 1950.
- Second volume. Works on physics and chemistry. 1747-1752. M.; L., 1951.
- Third volume. Works on physics. 1753-1765. M.; L., 1952.
- Fourth volume. Works on physics, astronomy and instrument engineering. M.; L., 1955.
- Fifth volume. Works on mineralogy, metallurgy and mining. M.; L., 1954.
- Sixth volume. Works on geography and history. M.; L., 1952.
- Seventh volume. Works on philology. M.; L., 1952.
- Eighth volume. Works of literature. M.; L., 1959.
- Ninth volume. Service and official papers. M.; L., 1955.
- Tenth volume. Letters and autobiographic materials. M.; L., 1959.
- Eleventh volume. Translations. Letters. Л., 1984.
- 1150 texts:
- 934 texts in Russian,
- 101 texts in Latin,
- texts in German, French and Swedish;
- 1 126 975 word forms;
- 8885 pages of the Complete Works.
- Database volume - 101 Gb.
- Izhevsk State Technical University, Chair of Linguistics, Center of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics;
- Kazan (Privolzhsky) Federal University;
- Udmurtia State University, Laboratory of Computer-Aided Philological Research.
- Markov V. M. - leader of works on study of the language of M. V. Lomonosov in KSU and UdSU, initiator of creation and leader of works on the preparation of the card-catalogue of words of the language of M. V. Lomonosov;
- Baranov V. A. - leader of the project "Manuscript";
- Mironov A. N. - head of the group of programmers of the project "Manuscript";
- Lapin A. N., Oshepkov S. V., Zuga O. V. - administrators;
- Gnutikov R. M. - loading of texts in the database, special editor, procedures of prototyping and visualization;
- Romanenko V. A. - loading of texts in the database, code-font system of "Manuscript";
- Votintsev A. A., Votintsev A. P., Dubovtsev S. V., Solomennikov I. S. - software, query and data visualization forms;
- Mironov A. L., Chernova I. G., Knjazeva O. A. - software;
- Kasatkin V. N. - design;
- Anikina R. A., Cocorina T. V. - text tagging;
- Uporova L. V. - annotation of texts;
- Vashutina K. A., Gorbushina D. A., Kuskova Z. N., Mokretsova I. O. - proofreading, editing, prototyping of texts;
- students, graduate students; when necessary other members of the group - proofreading of texts.
- 1989-1995 - creation of the database of letters and poetry (vv. VII, VIII of CW);
- 1996-2011 - creation of the electronic copies of other volumes of CW;
- 2007 - opening of the collection of works by M. V. Lomonosov on the portal "Manuscript: Slavonic written heritage";
- 2007-2011 - proofreading, editing and annotation of the corpus;
- 18 November 2011 - opening of the domain lomonosov.pro.
From 2007 till 2015 the corpus was created with the financial support from
the Ministry of Education and Science of RF
(analytical departmental target-oriented program "Development of the Research Potential of the Higher School"
state contract # 2.1.3/2987, project leader V. A. Baranov, 2010-2011), the Russian Foundation for the Humanities
project «Большой корпус русского языка XVIII в. ("Large corpus of the Russian language of the XVIII cent.")»,
grant # 07-04-12147в, leader. V. D. Solovjov, 2007-2009 гг.,
project «Корпус языка М. В. Ломоносова: аналитическая и лингвистическая разметка ("Corpus of the language of M.V. Lomonosov: analytical and linguistic tagging")»,
grant # 14-04-00585, leader. V. A. Baranov, 2014-2016 гг.), Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR)
(2018 г., project # 18-012-00463).